Join us in London on 3rd November, and in Sheffield on 6th November for a couple of public events about sex, sexuality and sexualisation. We will be exploring common myths, assumptions and attitudes about sex and drawing on cutting edge scientific and social research to consider how we might look at things differently.
- What is normal sex? And who is having it?
- Is society becoming too sexualised?
- Are young people becoming sexual too early?
- What impact does pornography have on people?
- How can we find out what we’ll enjoy sexually? And how do we tell our partners about it?
- What secrets do sex therapists learn about what people get up to in the bedroom?
- Why was 50 Shades of Grey so popular?
- How common are sexual problems and what can be done about them?
- Where do our sexual desires come from?
- How do orgasms work?
- Can you get addicted to sex? Has the internet made this more of a risk?
- Sexually speaking, are men from mars and women from venus?
- What new rules are there for sexual relationships?
- When it comes to sex, what are the vital statistics?
The London day will begin with a speed debating session to get to know each other (1-2pm) and end with a question-time discussion (4-5pm) where you can put your queries and comments to a panel of experts. For the remainder of the afternoon we’ll be running a series of workshops, discussions and activities which you are welcome to pop in and out of, including sessions on body mapping and communicating about sex.
For the Sheffield evening we will just have a question-time style panel discussion and lots of time for debate.
Experts include Clarissa Smith (author of One for the Girls and regular expert witness in sex-related legal cases), Clare Bale (expert on sex in young people), Petra Boynton (sexologist and Agony Aunt for The Telegraph), Katherine Angel (historian of sex author of Unmastered), Feona Attwood (porn researcher and author of Mainstreaming Sex and porn.com) and Meg Barker (sex therapist and author of Rewriting the Rules).
For more detail of timings and venues click this link. We look forward to seeing you there…